Refined sugar free – Gluten free option – Nut free – Dairy free – Vegetarian – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved – Freezer friendly
When you think ANZAC biccie you think delish! We wanted to do something a little bit different but with the same flavour and Oh Em Gee did we get there. These are so delicious but like most gluten free treats are better the day of or warmed up. If you have defrosted we suggested devouring them warm.
- 2/3 cup of Apple Sauce
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- 100g melted butter
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats – sub with quinoa flakes for coeliac
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 free range egg
- 2 cups of gluten free self raising flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- In a large bowl, combine your rolled oats, desiccated coconut, gluten free self raising flour and gluten free baking powder.
- Once combined make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients. This is where you are going to add your egg, melted butter, milk and maple syrup.
- Whisk all these ingredients together until just combined.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the topping ingredients (coconut sugar and rolled oats) until you have a sandy texture.
- Evenly divide your muffin mixture into an oiled muffin tray or preferred patty cases; using an ice cream scoop to make life easier.
- Bake on the top shelf of your oven on 140°C fan forced for 40-45 minutes.
- We suggest allowing your ANZAC muffins to cool slightly, as hard as this will be, before devouring.
NB – Like most Gluten Free cakes and bakes these are best served warm and eaten the day of.
– To freeze allow to cool completely before placing in an airtight container and freezing. will freeze for up to 6 months. To eat, simply defrost in the microwave and enjoy warm.