Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Grain free – Vegetarian – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved
SERVES: Approx. 25 balls
Their texture is one to remember, their taste is even better.
Small in stature but big on ‘wow’ factor, these Quinoa Broccoli and Feta (QBF) balls will sure stand out in any crowd. They mingle well with our Chive dipper sauce and wont bat an eyelids if teamed with our sweet chilli dipper sauce (coming soon).
- 200g quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 3 tbs rice flour
- 200g broccoli
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 200g Bulgarian feta
- 2 Free range Eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbs water
- 5 sprigs chives, finely diced
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 180oC fan-forced.
- Add Quinoa and water to a non stick pot and bring to the boil
- Once boiled, cover with a lid, reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed
- Blitz the broccoli in a food processor until it resembles rice
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly
- Preheat your over to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper
- With your hands, squeeze a tablespoon of mixture into a ball shape and then place on your baking tray
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning halfway through to be evenly browned
- Serve with a dipping sauce (we recommend our Chive Dip)
NB: These beauties are great when entertaining guests and can be made the day before and reheated in a warm (150oC) oven.