Thermomix Option – Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Grain free – Vegetarian – Kid approved
These little buggers sure do hold a lot of flavour. Crunchy and warm, they are extremely more-ish. We suggest to make more than what you need as you will be picking at these beauties as soon as they come out of the oven. But a quick word of warning, the reason we call these little buggers is they are hot inside and if you’re not careful they will scold your tongue.
1 medium zucchini (approx. 120g)
¼ cup parmesan, finely grated
¼ cup instant polenta
½ cup cornflour
CONVENTIONAL AND THERMOMIX INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut your zucchini in half, and then each half into 8.
- Place zucchini sticks between 2 pieces of paper towel for 10 minutes using a bowl as a weight on top to draw out the moisture.
- While your zucchini is de-moisturising, place your polenta and parmesan mixture into a bowl, your corn flour into seperate bowl and whisk your eggs into a third bowl.
- Lightly coat each zucchini stick in your cornflour, then egg and finally into the polenta and parmesan mix, making sure they are well coated at the end.
- Place coated zucchini fries onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven on the top shelf for 25-30 minutes, turning half way through, until golden on each side.