Thermomix Option – Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Dairy free option – Grain free – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved
Tuna Patties are a great budget friendly dinner, when pairing it with a side salad. They’re also great for lunches as an alternative to sandwiches because lets be honest, sandwiches can be very boring day in day out. With a crunchy coating and nutritious filling these patties are great for everyone!
olive oil spray
400g potatoes, 1cm cubes
100g zucchini, grated
100g frozen corn kernels
1 tsp lemon juice
425g tin of tuna in spring-water
salt and pepper to taste
1500g Water (for Thermomix option)
¼ cup milk of choice
¼ cup grated parmesan (use nutritional yeast for dairy free)
2 large eggs
½ cup cornflour
2 cups gluten free cornflakes
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Boil your potatoes for 15 minutes, then add your zucchini and corn, cooking for a further 10 minutes, or until you can pierce the potato with a fork.
- Meanwhile prepare your crumb coating – Put your cornflakes into a snap lock bag and crush with a rolling pin until a breadcrumb texture forms. Empty into a shallow bowl and add parmesan mixing well to combine. In a separate bowl combine your milk of choice with the 2 eggs whisking together with a fork. Add your cornflour to a third bowl.
- Drain tuna and place into a large mixing bowl along with your now cooked vegetables, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mash until well combined.
- Roll into 8 even balls and flatten into patties. Lightly coat your patties with the corn flour, shaking off any excess, then dipping it in the egg mixture and finally the cornflake crumb gently pressing with your fingertips.
- Place your patties on a lined oven tray and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Pre heat fan forced oven 180°C
- Put the parmesan and cornflakes in the TM bowl, 20 seconds/Speed 5. Set aside in a shallow bowl.
- Add water into the jug and place your potatoes into the Varoma, 15 minutes/Varoma/Speed 3
- Add the zucchini and corn to the Varoma, 10 minutes/Varoma Temp/Speed 3
- Prepare the rest of your crumb coating; whisk egg and milk in a shallow bowl and put cornflour and salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
- Empty the TM Bowl and replace with your cooked vegetables, lemon juice, salt and pepper. 30 seconds/Speed 4
- Using your hands for 8 patties and lightly coat your patties with the corn flour, shaking off any excess, then dipping it in the egg mixture and finally the cornflake crumb gently pressing with your fingertips.
- Cook in your oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.