Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Grain free – Vegetarian option
A delicious slice eaten warm or cold and served with a garden salad, it’s as easy as that. And to think, to make this vegetarian, just omit bacon… and you can easily switch out the cauliflower with broccoli…so many options. We suggest you try the standard recipe first and then play around the next time round.
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cauliflower, grated
2 med-large zucchini, grated
1 large brown onion, finely diced
1 cup grated tasty cheese
5 rashers of short cut bacon, 1cm dice (omit for vegetarian option)
1 cup gluten-free self raising flour
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan-forced.
- Squeeze out the moisture from your zucchini.
- Add all of your ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Grease a large baking dish (approx. 30 x 20cm).
- Pour combined mixture into prepared baking dish and level out with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned on top and cooked through when using the ‘skewer test’.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.