One pot recipe – Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Egg free – Dairy free option – Grain free – Freezer friendly – Kid approved
Want a one pot rice wonder? Well look no further as this casserole ticks all the boxes. Spicy, flavoursome, filling, easy…….What more do we need to say? It’s a little bit like naughty and then nice with it’s sneaky bite of spice and then it’s cooling sensation from the Greek yogurt or dairy free sour cream. If it were a star sign it would have to be a Gemini.
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbs onion powder (or 1/2 an onion, finely diced)
1 cup frozen corn kernels
2 Tbs butter (use olive oil for dairy free option)
1 cup grated tasty cheese (use dairy free option or omit for dairy free option)
500g pork mince
1 tin brown lentils, drained and rinsed
2 cups of rice
500ml PIMPs Bone Broth or gluten free beef stock
handful of gluten free corn chips
200ml greek yogurt or Dairy free sour cream, to serve
coriander, to serve
- Place 1 Tbs of butter/oil into your casserole dish along with the paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin and onion powder and cook on low heat until they release an aroma, approx 1-2 minutes.
- Add your pork mince and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go.
- Add your corn kernels and lentils stirring into the mince for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your rice and stir it through making sure it is well coated with all the spices.
- Add your bone broth or beef stock.
- Put your lid on your casserole dish and leave on a low-medium heat for 40 minutes. Stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Crush your corn chips and sprinkle over the top of your casserole then do the same with your grated cheese. Place your casserole dish under the grill, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Serve with Greek yogurt or dairy free sour cream and coriander.