Thermomix Option – Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Dairy free option – Grain free – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved
This is our take on the famous Chilli Con Carne , which simply means “chilli with meat”. We have left the chilli as an optional extra so that it can be suitable for, and devoured by, the whole family. Look out for this recipe as you will find it popping up as part of some of our other yummy recipes.
This dish will sure become one you will be cooking repeatedly.
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 Tbs sweet paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
500g lean beef mince
400g tin diced/ crushed tomatoes
400g tin 5 bean mix, drained & rinsed
1 medium can corn kernels, drained
salt & pepper
fresh coriander leaves, to serve 2
- Heat oil, onion, garlic, paprika, chilli, cumin and cinnamon in a frying pan on medium heat for a few minutes until onions soften.
- Add mince and cook until meat is browned, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in canned tomatoes and simmer over a low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir through your drained beans beans, corn kernels and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of soft polenta or rice garnishing with coriander leaves or you can serve in a bowl and use tortilla chips to scoop.