Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Egg free – Dairy free – Grain free – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved – Freezer friendly
Another one pot wonder from PIMP. If you haven’t tried a brown rice risotto this is definitely the one you want to be your first. Packed filled with goodness from the veggies to the bone broth and even the rice. Kids devour this with no questions asked so everyone on your table will be satisfied with your soon to be family fav.
3 tsp olive oil
1½ tsp garlic, minced
1 brown onion, finely diced
150g green beans, stringed and cut into 2cm pieces
250g pumpkin, 1cm cubes skin on
2 chicken breast, skin removed and cut into 1cm cubes
1½ cups brown rice
4 cups chicken bone broth
Cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lay your pumpkin onto a lined oven tray with 1 tsp of olive oil. Baking for 20 minutes.
- In a casserole dish heat your remaining oil on medium to high heat then adding your onion and garlic cooking for 3 minutes until your onion is translucent.
- Add the brown rice and stir ensuring you coat with the oil from the casserole dish, for 2 minutes.
- Add bone broth and chicken stirring to combine and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Chuck your beans into the dish and cover with the lid. Put in your oven for 35 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add your pumpkin and put back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.