Thermomix option – Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Dairy free – Grain free – Vegetarian – Vegan – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved – Freezer friendly
SERVES: 1 cup
You often hear of using apple sauce to replace sugar, we have a PIMPd version too here, but we’ve created a deliciously spiced pear sauce that you can use instead if you’re looking for something different. We’ve used this sauce for muffins, oats, yogurt and the list could go on. To top it off a perfect addition to your toddlers menu.
500g firm pears (approx. 3 medium), cored and diced
1 tsp ginger
1/2 cup of water
- Place pears in a small saucepan with water and ginger
- Simmer, covered, on medium heat for up to 10 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Place slightly cooled, cooked pears in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Place your pears into the TM5 along with the water and the ginger 10 minutes/Varoma Temperature/Speed 2
- Depending on your desired consistency you can repeat this step 5 seconds/Speed 5 until desired consistency is reached
NB: This mixture will not last long… It tastes so scrumptious and is so versatile you’ll be eating it by the spoonful.