Thermomix option – Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Egg Free – Dairy free – Grain free – Vegetarian – Vegan
SERVES: 1. 5 cups
No-one needs to rely on canned creamed corn with all its added preservatives when we have developed a recipe for it that tastes even better than the canned stuff and its better for you using Nutritional yeast, that is a vegan food product with a cheesy, savoury flavour.
Whip up a quick dip or try your hand at making Cornbread. This recipe has all nine essential amino acids, many B vitamins and several minerals so whilst enjoying preservative free deliciousness, you can also be giving your body its daily dose of nutrition.
2 Tbs coconut oil
3 Tbs nutritional yeast
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 Tbs cornflour
1 Tbs coconut cream
4 Tbs water
- Melt your coconut oil and coconut cream in a saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk in the nutritional yeast and cornflour.
- Reduce your heat and stir in the water.
- Add your corn kernels and stirring occasionally to prevent sticking to the pan for 5 minutes.
- Add your mixture to your blender and whizz a few times to get your desired consistency.
- Add your coconut oil, cornflour, nutritional yeast, coconut cream and 2 tablespoons of water to your Bowl 5 minutes/ 100 C/ Speed 4
- Add your frozen corn kernels 2 minutes/ 100 C/Speed 3
- Add your remaining 2 tablespoons of water 3 minutes/100 C/ Speed 2