Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Egg free – Dairy free – Vegetarian – Vegan – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved – Freezer friendly
Looking for something you can eat on the run for breakfast? Or Something that is nut free, egg free, dairy free and gluten free to take to an event? Then look no further. These seeded breakfast bars are a breeze to whip up and will last in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or 2 months if stored in the freezer. The kids can take them to school for snacks, the parents can have an on the go breakfast, it is a win-win situation when these beauties are on hand.
1 ½ cups pepita seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup goji berries
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup linseeds
¾ cup rice flakes
1 cup puffed rice
½ cup rice malt syrup
⅓ cup tahini
- Place rice malt syrup and tahini in a large mixing bowl and heat in microwave until slightly melted. Do this in 20 sec intervals making sure not to boil it.
- Place all other ingredients, except the puffed rice, into the mixing bowl and mix using a wooden spoon until very well combined. Add puffed rice and stir to combine.
- Line a baking tray (we used a 20 x 15 cm) with baking paper.
- Place mixture into lined baking tray, pressing firmly and evenly over the base not forgetting the corners. Place in freezer for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into 16 even sized bars.
NB: Keep these delicious breakfast bars in the fridge or freezer to keep their shape.