Refined sugar free – Gluten free – Nut free – Egg free – Dairy free – Grain free – Vegetarian – Vegan – Lunchbox friendly – Kid approved – Freezer friendly
A tad spicy (what Mexican dish isn’t?) but it wont blow your head off. With the nostalgia of being back in my childhood home when we would quiet often have baked beans on toast for Sunday dinner. Perfect for those leisurely weekend mornings or those lazy nights when you’re too stuffed to cook. These beauties will happily last, covered, in the fridge for 4-5 days.
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp smoked paprika
a pinch of cinnamon powder
1 spanish onion, diced
400g tin diced tomatoes
400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for a couple minutes until softened.
- Add cumin, paprika and cinnamon and cook for a few more minutes until you can smell the spices, stirring continuously so the spices don’t burn.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced by a quarter to a third and thickened.
- Add beans and season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Turn the heat off and allow to stand for 2 minutes so sauce can heat beans.